3 "Bad" Walt Disney World Attractions That I (Secretly) Love

Usually I am quite vocal about my very favorite and least favorite attractions at Walt Disney World. There are however, a few rides that I secretly love to ride but would NEVER admit that to my friends or family. What's a boy to do? Posting the 3 seemingly terrible WDW attractions that I secretly love but won't admit it on the internet seems like a great idea! Here we go...


Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

 Photo Credit: Magic Guides

Is this ride terrible? Kind of. Do Ariel's eyes freak me out every time I see her? Absolutely. Do I still enjoy riding it? YES. The clam mobile is adorable, the massive Ursula animatronic is terrifying, and the musical score is one gigantic earworm. While parts of this ride aren't Disney Imagineering's finest, it captures a quintessential kitschiness that I simply love. If that isn't enough to get you on this ride, take into account that this attraction almost always has a short wait, and the queue is quite spectacular.

 

Alien Swirling Saucers

This ride is nothing special. In fact, if it has a wait longer than 10 minutes, I usually recommend to my friends and family that they skip this attraction unless they have a FastPass. Unfortunately, I don't follow my own advice. The aliens are my favorite characters from Toy Story, so perhaps I experience some bias when I say that this ride is rock 'n' roll. I can't help but grin from ear to ear as the little spaceship throws me around from side to side. When you ride the attraction at night, the lighting and music adds a bit of whimsy to this standard scrambler-type attraction.


It's Tough to Be a Bug

An indoor theater attraction that has air conditioning, utilizes cool 3-D effects, AND scares children? Count me in. This ride almost always has a nonexistent wait time, and it's inside the Tree of Life. THE TREE OF LIFE, PEOPLE. You will get to see some of the beautiful carvings up close as you wind your way through the queue to the theater. This is also a great way to catch a break from the midday heat, relax your feet, and enjoy some 4-D surprises along the way.


Happy riding!


Comments